Most companies should have a workplace safety strategy. It is best to review the workplace safety tips that your business has in place.
When companies fail to have plans of fail to enforce their plans, accidents can happen. At Oxford Valley Pain and Spine, our doctors are experienced pain management doctors who help employees who are injured on the job – if their injuries encompass the neck, back, or spine.
Some of the general workplace safety guidelines are as follows:
1. Existence of a well-thought out safety plan. All types of employees should be considered. Employees should have an avenue to point out problems to their supervisors.
2. Training of employees. Workers should be trained on each element and phase of the safety plan.
3. Companies should study the likely dangers. This can include a thorough walk-through of the work location. It can include examining OSHA guidelines. It can also include researching safety studies for the service or industry involved.
4. Proper safety equipment. Construction workers should have access to helmets, goggles, and the right clothing. Gloves, ear-muffs, and other equipment may be useful – depending on the types of work.
5. Proper staffing. Too much overtime work can lead to injury because the workers are exhausted. Additional part-time, seasonal, or full-time work can help.
6. Maintenance. Vehicles, heavy machinery, and all the equipment that is used should be regularly inspected.
7. Keep the workplace orderly. Loose objects, insecure railings, shelves that aren’t sturdy – can all cause an accident.
Our job as pain management doctors is to help injured workers manage their pain so they can work or properly diagnose their pain if they are unable to work again. For work safety advise, please speak to a lawyer or your employer. For medical help, please contact us at 215.741.4410. Our office is in Langhorne, PA.
We treat all types of workers. We see patients from Bucks County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia, and New Jersey.