Many people who come to see us have injuries that are work related. Some of the more common types of pain issues that people have due to work are:
- Overexertion. Damage to muscles, joints, the neck and back often occur because of overexertion at work. Constant pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying of objects can lead to a lot of physical stress which can cause acute and chronic pain
- A slip or fall on some surface. Workers have to concentrate on doing their job tasks. This means they don’t look at wet floors, uneven surfaces, or other problems that can cause them to fall and hurt themselves.
- Falls from heights. Construction workers who work on roofs, ladders, and stairways can fall and seriously hurt themselves
- Striking an object or being struck by an object. Merchandise or inventory can fall from a shelf or some height. Items that move such as forklifts or items that are being transported can hit another person without warning.
- Vehicle accidents. Many workers are injured while they are driving or a passenger in a car, truck, or other work vehicle
- Compressed by machinery. Many work tools and equipment can pin a worker against a wall or surface causing severe pain.
- Repetitive stress injuries. Just doing the same task over and over again cause damage to muscles and joints
If you have any pain due to work, an accident at work, or for any other reason – our doctors are here to help. We handle pain issues for people injured in Langhorne, Levittown, Philadelphia, Montgomery County, Bucks County, and parts of New Jersey.